Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Representation

Hey Gleaner,

I've taken some pictures of my favorite drawings over the last year. These were picked because they best depicted the themes that most interested me at the time. Some are still ongoing, while others I have left behind. For example, the drawing work "YVR" that compliments this post is a theme which is still integrated in my more recent projects. Specifically this picture deals with subject matter that is found to be banal, almost unthinkably the muse of a fine art drawing. This misinterpretation of thing in place is further stretched when the title of the piece is found to be YVR (the call sign for Vancouver International Airport.

It is in works like this that I find myself truly exploring the possibilities of my hand; Utilizing my art training with my real world experiences to create new future works.

C to the C

No comments:

Post a Comment